Sunday, June 24, 2007

New Thing #90: Frank Lloyd Wrong

Not all New Things can be fun. Some have to be tedious, or else what do I learn? Well, if tedium is proportional to knowledge, tonight I know a lot. I built a house of cards. When I say "a," I mean "several attempts at a" and when I say "house" I mean "single-level, ranch-style house that the Golden Girls would have happily lived in." I used two decks of Gustav Klimt cards that my sister-in-law's father brought me from Austria a couple of years ago. Card house-building is HARD! Once you get your first level to stay upright, it is very difficult to get a second level going (hence my series of ranch houses). Kevin had a bit of success with multi-levelness, and I had an ephemeral upstairs on one of mine. Then I breathed wrong and obliterated it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI JEN MAC!
nice frank lloyd-esque structure...

btw...where did your sister get the klimt cards? are they standard tourist fare or specialty shop stock?

thanks!
kat